Monday, February 1, 2010

Mediatech


















Mediatech is a CCA which specializes in AV, photography and videography. First of all, I am proud to be a Mediatechian. Even though many people call is a " slacker " CCA , i do not find it slacking at all. It is all the back stage work. Have you ever wondered the lights effect that you like to see , blink blink blink boomz shingz waa... Mediatech :) . Have you ever noticed why you speak in the microphone, the voice can travels all the way to the speaker? And even one of the simplest of all, have you ever wondered who opens the auditorium in the first place?

So, this proves my point that Mediatech is NOT a slack CCA. Sure you do not have to run about like Cross-Country, or like Wushu or Judo, fight with each other. This is for the people who enjoys taking photos, videos and doing AV.

One of the best things in Mediatech is that you can do duties which you are not supposed to be there. Like once, I was videoing an assembly talk which involved many other schools. It was an eye-opener, i learned how to take videos and I also "interacted" with other people. Lols, I do not know how. Tomorrow, I am going for a Council Investiture which as not a Council member, I am not invited to. But i still can go, Yippee!

Too bad Leoj did not join Mediatech. He joined Library as he likes books. Well, everyone likes something. FREEZE OR I WILL SHOOT!

4 comments:

  1. I always thought so too. Mediatech is a cool EP3 which you can acquire much needed skills for life like photography and photoshopping? I don't know. Even Yihan considered joining Mediatech.

    One thing about mediatech I noticed is that people tend to think you SHOULD know a lot of media stuff. When you don't know, they will sort of "niao" you. They should understand that even you guys are learning about Medaitech. :)

    Anyways, a good post in overall which just confirmed my thoughts about mediatech.

    Cheers ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely. Mediatech is and was never a slack CCA. It really isn't as easy as people think, though it sounds fun with all those photography, videography etc.

    Yes, you are also exposed to various events and that will be an eye-opener for you. I stand with Seong Jin: Even Yihan considered joining Mediatech!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Enjoyed the post and felt that it was a good read. You provided us an interesting insight(alliteration intended) to your ep3.

    You are right in your stand of your cca. I used to be teased by our classmates about CCA being slack but in fact, no cca is slack. I am sure once in a while, we have some commitments in whichever CCA we are in and we just do it.

    I guess we should just focus on what we enjoy like how you enjoy your cca. I think that is all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heck I did not even think Mediatech was a slack CCA until you mentioned it in this post... I mean, controlling the "tech" stuff during assembly, making sure you do not screw up, learning photography, videography( are they the same?)... So many various types of technology. I'm so envious that you can try out so many cool wares (:

    And I agree with Kevin, no CCA is slack!! ;)

    ReplyDelete