Monday, February 23, 2009

Why Did I Do It? (Pt. of view of Philip Malloy from Nothing But the Truth-Last page)


Why did I do this? Why Philip Malloy, why? I have done more harm than good. In fact, I did not think I have done any thing good. Although many people from around the world have sent telegrams to spur me on, it is because they do not know the truth. Miss Narwin, the teacher who suspended me, also received so much infamity from all over the world, saying how "unpatriotic" she was. She had so much pressure on to the extent of even wanting to resign!

The fact is although I stood up for myself and many people are supporting me, I still do not feel happy. Although I got rid of Miss Narwin in the end, I just do not feel happy. I now start to doubt myself that I was right in the first place. My friends from Harrison School were also blaming me for ruining the reputation of Miss Narwin, for some of them liked her. I had also caused so much trouble for my parents. They have spent so much time and effort on it, fighting for me. However, now, they had all come to a waste. In the end, I still had to change the school which I was studying in. Now, when I am being asked to sing the "Star-Spangled Banner", I have to confess that I did not know the lyrics. All of these could have been avoided if I had not hummed during the "Star-Spangled Banner". If only...

2 comments: