Saturday, July 31, 2010

Maths ACE

Image courtesy:http://ranfurly13.wikispaces.com/file/view/maths.jpg/124436059/maths.jpg
Yippee! Finally completed my Maths ACE. I took 3 days to do a flash and a website. Quite fast. :)
For the flash, i was quite frustrated halfway as something went wrong in the project, causing this problem-when I was copying something into a frame, it copied to the other frames too. To make matters worse, I only hae one layer (meaning everything is in one slideshow, like a powerpoint). This makes it hard to configure. I solved it in the end by changing the frames to keyframes and everything worked fine! I was elated then. :)
Next, I did my website. I did not want to start from scratch so I took my previous IS assignment a year before on my portfoilio. I did not need to quote it after all I did it and I was the one who copyrighted it. Yeah! Then sourcing the information was quick too. Here is the link: http://www2.hci.edu.sg/y09hci0015/mathsgoldenhome.html

5 comments:

  1. I have to say , the website is extremely informative!I particularly loved the glitter text though it was not the focus. I feel the best writeout was the one on the golden ratio due to several factors : The formulas were laid out etc. The background was perfect for the eye , it was comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The website is real nice! Kudos for thinking out of the box - I confess I only did powerpoints. While I always try to find something of value from every post, I specifically picked up "I solved it in the end." and "I was elated then."

    It's only after working hard and overcoming challenges do we feel the sense of accomplishment. What's life if everything is spoon-fed? Life is tough and unpredictable, just like everything we do. The only way of life is to continue and not give up. Only the minority strong ones can succeed!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah a website! Haha I don't think I can do a website in a week let alone 3 days. (: The website was also very well done, it being very informative and user-friendly. (: Putting so much effort into a single Math ACE project is really commendable! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! I agree with YJ, a website IS a cool platform to present ACE projects. GLITTERYOURWAY.COM! :D I remember there was a craze about it during our primary school days (: Anyway, thanks for being generous enough to put up the link to your website. Other than putting so much effort into your Math ACE project, I think the fact that you didn't mind sharing the link with us deserves a thumbs up too!

    Mattheus (:

    ReplyDelete